Donna Salazar

A long time since I posted anything!  On Thursday I started an online course with Donna Salazar through the Creative Classroom.  Six weeks doing "Artsy Fartsy Techniques - two pages each week which will then be bound into a book.  I don't have most of the things on her supplies list so I am improvising!

I made the journal cards (on her suggestion) with heavy watercolour paper, stamped with Timber Brown Staz On using some much loved stamps.  These are her first week techniques:

This page is spritzed with Candlelight and Vintage Pink Glimmer Mists.  The technique was based around using vintage frames or making your own from Tim Holtz fragments and metal tape.  My tape was gold so I coloured it with Ginger Alcohol Ink.

The second page was first sprayed with water and screwed up into a ball.  After flattening out and whilst still wet it was spritzed with Moonlight, Slate and Antique Brass Glimmer Mists, then lightly brushed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to highlight the creases.

I hunted in the wardrobe for some old jeans and made the flower from a pair of mine and the leaves and strip from a pair of Terry's!  The flower is based on the Tim Holtz Grungepaper flower.  I sprayed it with Antique Brass Glimmer Mists when complete to give it a bit of an older look.  Love it!

Can't wait for next week's techniques. 



Comments

Janeyc49 said…
Gorgeous page Jennie, love that rose :)