Tim's Tags Day 5

I decided after yesterday's "pink rebellion" to try and stick a bit closer to the original, but hey ho the only thing I had which matched Tims Tag No. 5 was the music paper!  The biggest blow was not having a santa stamp as I would really have liked to try out the paint on the beard.

So ..... this is my interpretation.  I thought the acrylic paint edging would show up a bit better than it did, but I don't have a white dabber so used ordinary acrylic paint splodged on with a brush, so perhaps it was not thick enough.  The holly was carefully stamped from a large Anna Griffen stamp and then embossed with Green Fern Embossing Powder (again no stickles!).  My letters were made from ordinary card die cuts embossed with about three layers of white embossing powder and aged (poorly!) with black staz on ink.  I don't have the small label dies (they are on my wish list), so I cut the ornamental die into two smaller pieces.  This is actually quite effective, so I will use this again.  And yet another handmade flower using the Tattered Florals die.

The bells!  I couldn't think what I was going to use for the bells, when I had a sudden flashback - I remembered making pj case clowns back in the mid 80s (!!!!) and found two bells at the bottom of my materials trunk (now I've got to try and put all the material back in!).

I can't say this is my favourite, but again it has been very enjoyable trying to think about how to interpret the original.  Looking forward to seeing how everyone else interprets this one.

A good job we have a night off tonight from the panto run otherwise the Fairy Godmother would be going on with very red/green inky fingers .................




Comments

Anonymous said…
A beautiful version of tag 5 Jennie! x
Helen said…
I love this tag, Jennie, and also the picture at the head of your blog!
ScrappyDandyDoo said…
It looks lovely :D
Julie xx
Netty said…
Its a fab tag, I love the reindeer, great touch. Annette x
Artyjen said…
Love your version it's all come together so beautifully :)
Thanks for sharing at the splinter group
xoxo Sioux
The Dolphin Inn said…
The reindeer is a lovely and very elegant variation on the Santa, I like the colours you used, another beautiful tag ! thanks for sharing xxx
Fliss said…
A really lovely tag Jennie and the reindeer is a fabulous addition.
x