Grungy Monday 10 : Distress Ink-o-Rama



This weeks Grungy Monday challenge hosted by Linda  at  Studio L3 really put me in a spin ........... distress inks .......... anything you like .......... hmmm.  I had NO idea what to do there being so many things I could do, so I've been thinking about it all week.  


We have had the most beautiful day in Shetland today - after some pretty horrible weather these last few weeks.  So after finishing off all the planting in the garden I thought I would find a nice sheltered spot and have a rest.  I found a great spot behind the greenhouse out of the wind and piled my tray with Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Antique Linen and Shabby Shutters, a water pen, an old tile and some post it notes.  I had stamped the Rose Fairy before I started and made a mask.   And I just painted.


It was absolutely delightful sitting amongst the flowers (well leaves, the flowers are not out yet!), bees humming, lovely warm sunshine, doing something I love.  


So this is my offering.  Not particularly spectacular, but I enjoyed every minute of it! 


And thank you Tim Holtz for giving us all these wonderful things to play with.  Do pop along to his blog and to Studio L3 for some fantastic inspiration.  Everyone seems to have had a great time playing this week.


Have a good weekend everyone.


PS  Warm in Shetland is about 13 degrees!


PPS  I have finally cured the "posting" problem - Google Chrome.  Thank you Sioux - it worked!

Comments

Artyjen said…
Hey! I solved a problem! ;)
I so know what you mean about deciding exactly what to do with the Distress Inks! LOL
DI's are pretty much my favourite way to colour in too...although my colouring in leaves a lot to be desired unlike your cute flower fairy and rose.....I'm dreaming of my garden this weekend....it says it's going to rain though....but fingers crossed as we have a micro climate here :)
Have a great weekend....enjoy the 13 degrees!
xoxo Sioux
Netty said…
Beautifully coloured flower fairy Jennie. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x
Kristy C said…
this is just beautiful!!
Marjie Kemper said…
I'm loving the idea of crafting outside... you sound so calm and relaxed about it. (I'd have to refer back to this post to remember you don't need to bring a zillion things!) Your painting with inks turned out beautifully!
Sarah said…
She is a pure and heart warming beauty! Love the yellow!
Sarah (46 on GM)
Linda Ledbetter said…
Jennie, this is truly one of the most beautiful examples of Distress Ink work I've ever seen! The soft, watercolor look is incredibly pretty, and the sweet image is perfect. It absolutely IS spectacular. I love this creation!
Belinda Basson said…
Beautiful stamp to start with and then I just love your soft colours. Glad you enjoyed your "warm" day outside...we are in winter and had a warm day here at 18 Deg C!