Grungy Monday 12 : More Resist!







Another take on the shabby chic technique for this week's Grungy Monday.  Linda's technique choice took us again back to the Tim Holtz blog 2008 Technique Challenge - which you can find HERE.  Do pop along to the Studio L3 site as there are some wonderful inspirational pieces from Alison and the two Linda's.  


My inspiration this week is wholly down to Sam of Hettiecraft who created a fab tag using a foam stamp she had made from a Sissix die.  I was really struggling with my stamps for this technique as they were all far too detailed.  So...... with Sam's inspired idea I dashed into Lerwick this morning to buy some foam  to make a stamp.  Hmmm ............. no foam anywhere so I cut a stamp out of Kling On using the Sewing Room die (a recent purchase and I'm loving it!) and stuck it onto a heavy piece of card.  It didn't take the Embossing Ink too well, but I did at least get an image.  I didn't have any luck with the Paint Dabbers so I decided to cheat a bit and used Fired Brick Distress Stain which worked a treat.  Now I've covered up my tag you can hardly see the die shape - all that effort!  


This will be my last entry for Grungy Monday for about six weeks as tomorrow we sail off in our boat Mrs Muir for a six week cruise from Shetland to Orkney, the Western Isles and the West Coast of Scotland.  I DOOO so hope the sun shines and the wind is nice and calm.  I've got a whole box of inks, stamps and papers packed so I'll be crafting once we are anchored or tied up!  If we get a WiFi link I'll be checking the GM site and hopefully having a go with the supplies I have.


Have fun everyone!

Comments

Alison said…
Your tag is beautiful Jennie! Great idea to make your own stamp, it worked perfectly!
Hope you have a great cruise on Mrs Muir, & the weather is kind!
Alison xx
Evelyn S. said…
How colorful and delightful your tag is! I, too, struggled with a stamp with too much detail, but I persisted. Beautiful tag!
Netty said…
Fabulous tag and so loving your background. Annette x
Your tag is lovely. The layers of the background give so much depth. So much wonderful detail too = the filmstrip & photos, the beads, lace and miniture roses. Just lovely! Happy cruising.

Debbie C
Hi Jennie - Your tag is beautiful - I love the details. As far as using stain - sometimes when I do these "old" challenges it makes me think they were Tim's inspiration for some of his newer products. Have fun on your trip. I'll miss your posts. Does the Captain ghost live on your boat?
Hettie said…
Wow Jennie! How did I miss seeing this?!! This tag is absolutely gorgeous. Not that I am biased or anything!!
Hope you had a grand cruise. Would love to have been with you for that! Hubby and I are coming up to Plockton next year so I can have my Scotland fix!!