Swirlyhues Challenge




Just recently I discovered a wonderful scrapbooking site Swirlydoos and have just loved doing some of their tutorials for flowers. Their latest challenge (and this is the first month) is a sketch layout, but with two additional challenges - a colour palette and a requirement to use one of the forum tutorials. So I chose Lisa's wonderful Swirly Hibiscus Flowers Tutorial and made all my flowers (I am sooooo pleased with them and can't stop making them!).  I used cream cardstock and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I managed to find one small piece of duck egg blue cardstock which I had to use quite sparingly, so unfortunately the layout is a bit heavy on the other two colours.  


There was some careful placing of flowers as the main photograph had been damaged on the right hand side and I had to crop my brother (sorry!) out of the small photograph.  I just love this photograph of my cousin and I on a train journey (probably in 1959) on a day trip to London Zoo.  We meet occasionally but we were all at a family wedding in February this year so there was a great opportunity to get some photographs.  As soon as I saw the layout for two photographs I knew I had to use these.


This really has been great fun.  Do check out the Swirlydoos site as there really is so much of interest in terms of tutorials and some great layouts.


Glad to see we have a better style of "fringe" these days!

Comments