Swirly Hues Challenge : October Palette



Another month and another Swirly Hues Challenge on the Swirlydoos site.  I wasn't too sure of this challenge given the colour combination and my time constraints at the moment, but I just had to have a go!


As well as the Swirly Hues challenges - interpreting a sketch layout, working with a particular colour palette and choosing a techniques tutorial, my husband added an additional one ........ "please don't cover me with flowers, lace and butterflies"!  So not a bit of my usual bits and pieces in sight!
I used the water distressing tutorial - link here.  You don't quite put your paper under the tap, but alot of water is involved!  A bit scary when I had also inked  my page on a blank piece of cream cardstock using masks and stamps .  Unfortunately I hadn't bargained on it warping so much, so it doesn't sit very flat and was it was difficult to adhere all the embellishments.  I was trying to achieve the look of an old map ............ way to go yet ............


Do have a look at some of the entries for this challenge as they really are stunning!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Gorgeous layout!