12 Tags of Christmas : Day 8


This is so NOT me - but I love it and really enjoyed the challenge.  This is what taking part in the 12 Tags is all about - stretching yourself inventively and trying different styles.  I was amazed that I did have quite a few of the right things as well.  It is a very dark day here today, gale force winds and driving rain/sleet/snow.  Pretty horrible!  so the photographs are not as great as they might be.  (I have to get finished before midday, or I can't get a good photo being so far north!).


For my background I used Distress Inks:  Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss with a little bit of Broken China.  I also did a white emboss resist as I had no White Paint Dabber.  I also only had Copper Paint Dabber for the cogs and clock and it is a bit bright, the gold looks good, so that is now on my list of "must haves".  I did position things a little differently as I felt you couldn't really see everything.  I was also very pleased to give this chap an airing - one of my favourite Crafty Individual stamps, but I often can't think of a way of using him.


I hope you have as much fun today as I have!  To see Tim's actual tag, click HERE.  And click HERE for the Inspiration Emporium blog where there are some great entries each day.


I am also linking this tag into the Grungy Monday 29 Challenge over with Linda at Studio L3.  Click the link HERE to see some wonderful entries.

Comments

Unknown said…
It's not me either but I am hoping to do as good a job with it as you did! WTG!
Virginia Nebel said…
Your tag was the first tag I clicked right away this morning and landed here, you did an amazing job!!
Hi Jennie, I love your tag and your photo's are quite gorgeous. x
love your tag! Muassssssssss
Annette Green said…
I love how your tag turned out. That chap is dashing!
Alison said…
Love that CI chappie! In fact I love this whole fantastic tag Jennie! You'd never know this wasn't your usual style! xx
Cuchy said…
Hi Jennie,
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I love seeing all participants on this series and how different the outcomes are.
Great interpretation on this challenging tag. Beautiful
Lila Castro said…
Hi Jannie, I love your tag :)
Thanks for your lovely comment in my blog.

Lila
Debbie said…
Wow Jennie, Saw your "Tag" over at Tim's and I thought it was stunning.
It was the first time I have ever made a "Tag" from Tim's blog, so was really pleased with the outcome, but loved your tag. Debbiexx
Sandra said…
Very pretty steampunk tag! The man in the middle looks so funny with his hat on!
I've been here before, but was so focused on the tags, and now I took the time to look around on your blog. You makes very beautiful things. Just became a follower!
Suzanne C said…
Very fun! Love the hat on your gentleman! Fabulous take on today's tag!
Lisa Somerville said…
It may not be you Jennie - but you did a fabby job!
You may think it's not for you, but you are for it!!! Such an awesome job! It is so fun and festive!!!
Marjie Kemper said…
Great tag! It's fun seeing through the clock to your background. And I love the fellow with his jaunty hat!
penny4thoughts said…
I think you absolutely must do more steampunk Jennie - you made a terrific tag!