Grungy Crackle Resist in Vintage Style!


The lovely Linda over at STUDIO L3 where we celebrate all things Tim Holtz, has set us the challenge of creating a piece of art using Tim's technique for crackle resist with Distress Crackle Paint.  Click HERE for a link to a short video where Tim shows the versatility of this wonderful paint.

Well this was quite a challenge for me as I only have one pot left with very little in it!  And ........ my first tag was a bit of a disaster!  So I had to rip off the best bit and make another (smaller) tag.  I did have enough left to cover a button!

There are quite a few videos out there for making these flowers from voile which is then heated to create a wrinkly edge.  Unfortunately I could only get this very shiny acrylic material at our local shop and will have to wait until I am visiting the Mainland to get some voile.  But it was good to give it a try.

I also wanted to make a tag with a Vintage look to fit in with the monthly challenge over at the ARTISTIC STAMPER CREATIVE TEAM BLOG.  Not alot of stamping in this tag (hmmmmm) but a study in Shabby Shutters - Distress Crackle Paint and Distress Ink which I also used to colour my seam binding ribbon (just loving this stuff!).

So do visit both Studio L3 and the Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog as there are some wonderful entries.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Alison said…
Brilliant tag, I love the crackled button & your flower. Thanks for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge x
Artyjen said…
Love the shabby chic of this. Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month.
xoxo Sioux
P.S I was looking at my distress crackle last night and they had all gone very thick! Added a bit of water like T!m says on the vid mixing them well...and guess what? Yep they still do crackle ;)
Lynne Moncrieff said…
Gorgeous, elegant tag.
Wishes
Lynne
Sue said…
So elegant and vintage-y! Love your flower!
Anonymous said…
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing26 your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!…
Terry said…
Oh My Goodness!! This is so elegant and I love the green tones! This was such a fun challenge!
Patricia said…
Wonderfull tag!!!
Love it!
Greetz Patricia
Sue said…
Lovely colour tones and great grungy feel.
Jennie, I love the softness of your composition. And the crackle paint gives such an interesting texture to your tag.
Karen Shady said…
HI Jennie :) I wanted to thank you for the wonderful comment you left on my blog about my weight loss xx Im happy I called in, your work is lovely. I love this tag..... I will become a follower, and will be back xx Have a great weekend
Karen Shady said…
oops, just realised I am already a follower :) xx
Trish Latimer said…
love love love this! The colours are totally gorgeous, and the chandelier is to die for! xx
...stunning Tag and such a gorgeous colour...the flower looks like a silky rice paper love what you've done with the button...Mel :) ...Jennie i've left you something on my blog as i find your work amazing :)