Grungy Monday 33 : Alcohol Ink Resist


I have been fiddling with this all week!  I love this reverse resist technique using alcohol inks where the resist is the staz on ink wiped off.  No idea what I'm talking about, then click the link HERE to go to the Tim Holtz blog and his tutorial on this wonderful technique.

Linda has chosen this  technique for this week's Grungy Monday Challenge and I've been fiddling with it as I had an idea for a piece of scrunchy ribbon in the top which just didn't work!  I used Wild Plum and a little bit of Red Pepper alcohol ink on my fragment and used the Wild Plum and Lettuce to colour a few pieces of metal flowers and leaves.  I dabbed a bit of Versamark and Antique Linen Distress Powder on them to get a sort of frosty look. 

Do have a look over on Linda's blog Studio L3 at the lovely pieces of jewellery which Linda and a number of others have made, along with some other lovely projects as well. Just goes to show how adaptable these fragments are.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend - it has been a lovely day here, calm and sunny, but cold.

Comments

Maggie said…
Gorgeous Jennie this has to be may fav technique too not been able to play at GM :-(

Maggie H
...how stunning, a beautiful piece of artwork...I have not tried this technique yet myself as a lot of it is all new to me but looking through your blog your a very talented lady...Mel :)
sara j said…
I love this!! The color is so deep and gorgeous. It's just beautiful. I had such fun playing with my little fragments. I loved the ladies who made pendants. I think they would make great pins too.
Alison said…
Gorgeous design Jennie, I love the added foliage! x