Together ............



Trust me to join in at Once Upon A Sketch the one month when they have four challenges!!  Each time I see the layout and colours I just want to give it a go!


Here is the case file.  I just loved these colours and thought they would work really well with a black and white photograph.  For my evidence I used:

  • branches (well stems!)
  • flowers
  • newsprint (I made my flowers from an old 1953 newspaper I found recently in an old trunk!)
  • a bit of misting (water) after I used the mask on my background paper







For my testimony I used the inspiration word:  Together

Why? This is a photograph of my parents.  My mother looks very young and I think she was only 18 when it was taken.  My father had been engaged to someone else but broke it off after he met my mother at a church social event.  They married three years later and were always exceedingly happy in each other's company, doing very little on their own. 



So the together is quite an apt word and I tell the story on the small tag tucked behind the photograph.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day as we are here - lovely blue skies, sunshine, but temperature about 8 degrees!

Comments

Debbie said…
Hello Jennie
Oh what a gorgeous LO.
Your Mum and Dad look so lovely on the photo. Don't they look young!
Beautiful flowers made with the old news[a[er, love doing this.
Have a good day. Debbiex
How beautiful is this! I love the mix of straight lines and soft embellies.
Thank you for sharing your page with us at OUAS!
chrissie said…
Such a beautiful page and your mum and dad were a very handsome couple.

Love Chrissie xx
Eila Sandberg said…
Ooh can definitely understand that they fell for each other, they were such a beautiful couple! This is a truly wonderful page, love the newspaper bloom and the romantic soft details. Thanks ever so much joining in with us at OUAS!
Helena said…
This is so beautiful. Love to hear the story behind it. Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.
Evgenia Petzer said…
adorable! thank you for playing with us at ouas!
EFI said…
Awesome layout and so romantic! I love your story! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!!!