This is our Home .......



Well again not my usual sort of layout!  I very rarely scrap landscape photographs and never seem to get multiple photographs to sit well together and the top photograph is quite dark which doesn't help.  So I am not sure I am really happy about this layout, BUT I just loved CSI's journal prompt this week which was to write an ad for your home. 

As I am committing myself to doing more journalling on my layouts I thought I would give it a go.  So here is the ad:

Early 19th Century former Manse situated at the
Head of Tingwall Loch
 
Spectacular uninterrupted views south to Fitful Head
 
Established gardens with greenhouse and vegetable
garden with polytunnels
 
South facing sitting room and dining room, kitchen and study on Ground Floor, three bedrooms, bathroom and
Craft Room on Upper Floor

Aren't we lucky! We have lived here now for 18 years, but desired the house since 1979 when we first came to Shetland to live.  So it is really a dream to live here.  This is the view from my craft room window taken yesterday.
 
I am working on some Prima style flowers made from handmade paper and these are the buds from the centre.  I hope to get a tutorial on the blog shortly for these flowers once I get some good light to take some photographs.
 
So back to the Challenge .............


Here is the Case File for this week.  I struggled a bit with the colours (they are more in my photographs than on the layout) and I used, stripes, mesh and foliage from the evidence prompts.  As usual there are some amazing DT layouts, so click the link here to have a look.

Thanks for looking and I am now just off to visit some of my favourite blogs which I have not had a chance to visit lately.  We had our first night of the panto last night and it was brilliant, so although I have to do sound, a bit of backstage work and go on in a part in Act 2, life should start settling down a bit ! Mind you the last night is not until the 8th December ...........



 

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Beautiful layout and you do, indeed, seem to be living the dream - the location is spectacular and that view from your craft room is to die for. To get back to the page - I think you have made a great job of using three very different photographs and the flowers are gorgeous. Elizabeth xx
Alison said…
What a wonderful setting your home is in Jennie, your view looks amazing!
I love your LO, & those beautiful hand made flowers!
Alison xx
Netty said…
wonderful layout Jennie, you live in a gorgeous house with fantastic views, so the advertising worked well, because its now bought and sold...to me......lol x
Sue said…
I love the layout but I know what you mean about being outside your comfort zone. Your house is beautiful and the location is breathtaking. I'm very envious of the view from your craft room and would definitely want to buy your house from this ad.