Telescoping card ...........


Another month and another Round Robin Card Challenge at Swirlydoos.  Paulien has given us some great twists this month - create a peek a boo or slide/pull out element, use some sort of frame and metal foil.

So I decided to make a telescoping card, I have not made one for a while, but what colours?  I felt like doing something different which fitted in very nicely with the curent Fashionable Stamping Challenge, which is to use red/black/brown.

It is difficult to photograph this card in action but here goes!  As you pull the ribbon at the top the three elements pull out into a hanging card.





I love this rose stamp from Stampin Up and used the NeoColour II wax watercolour crayons to paint it.  I am just loving these - they can be as bright or as pale as you wish.  I used my Nestabilities Scallop and Circle Dies, so as you can imagine the card is quite small. 


And the card .... it is for my Aunt (and Godmother) who celebrates a major birthday at the end of this month - I may have to send instructions on how to open it though!

Do pop over to the Fashionable Stamping Challenge page HERE as there are some beautiful DT pieces and some fabulous submissions from members.

Thanks for looking x

Comments

Such a clever card, Jennie - and really pretty too! Love that trio of roses...
Alison x
Debbie said…
What a gorgeous card Jennie. I have never made one of these before.
Last year a friend who had a 40th Birthday made one of these for her invite and I thought it was so lovely. Must have a go, yours is so nice. Debbiex
Sue said…
I've never seen this before Jennie. Very clever and very pretty.
Silvia(Barnie) said…
A very clever card, great shape and details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
Netty said…
loving your beautiful and clever card. Hugs Annette x
Julia S-W said…
Hi Jennie. Thanks for your well wishes recently when I was awol!
This is a beautiful card and such a clever design. I love the colours and of course the florals. I would certainly need instructions opening it!
I will catch up with via email soon when I done a few more visits. Everyone has been so kind and I'm so far behind with all their lovely art.
Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
Juliaxx
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh I love telescoping cards and this one is a real beauty!!