A Beautiful Sunset and Great Excitement!



This is THE post and news I have been so excited about!  I have been invited to join the Anything But a Card Challenge exceedingly talented Design Team - to say I am excited and absolutely thrilled is a bit of an understatement!  So here I am with my first post. 

Although the new theme is April Showers, the challenge includes anything with a water theme including mermaids, beaches, seas, the colour of seas/oceans, thunderstorms, rainbows, and of course spring showers and umbrellas. And of course you can make ANYTHING as long as it is not a card.



So I have gone for a sea connection as I love this photograph taken late evening last summer whilst we were at anchor in Loch Gairloch when the sunset turned the sea orange. I did not use any special filter, this is just as my camera took it!

So before I explain some of the details I'll give you the link HERE for the challenge page.  There are some wonderful pieces from the very talented Design Team, including another two new members in addition myself.  And there are some amazing entries so far.  You have until next Sunday 28th April to submit entries and I look forward to seeing you there!




I tried to recreate the feeling of the sunset on my background page.  I used Antique Linen Distress Ink and a Compass Template first and then used spray inks to get the colour on the page. I used Moonlight and Slate Glimmer Mists and Gingersnap Smooch Spritz. I don't spray but undo the bottle and use the plastic end of the spray and drag it across the page.  A but difficult to explain but hopefully this photograph will make it clearer!



It is always a bit dark so I then add some gesso to lighten it up.  I just put it on with an old credit card and spread it about as and where I think I want to dull the colour.



I love the texture!  And then I tap the plastic thingy bit (getting real technical now!) and add some splotches of colour.



I love to put quotes on my scrapbook pages but I have no luck with rub ons - bits go on nicely and the rest looks a mess.  So I recently bought some Letraset Safmat (self adhesive printing film) and printed off an A4 sheet of quotes.  It is possible to see the join on the page, but you can place your embellishments to ensure that it does not look obvious!

Thank you so much for looking and sharing my excitement.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!









Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
What a stunning make!! And huge congrats to you for joining the new team!!
Sue said…
Congratulations Jennie. A well deserved spot on the DT. This is a lovely layout. I'm a sucker for a romantic sunset!
Netty said…
congratulations Jennie and am loving your fab layout. Hugs Annette x
Oh, huge CONGRATULATIONS, Jennie - that's such exciting news! And what a stunning first project - the ink and mist effects are so deliciously watery - like sunlight on the waves... And the whole piece is so beautifully put together; fabulous composition around that wonderful photograph. A really great layout - you'll be a huge asset to the ABAC team!
Alison x
Inkypinkycraft said…
Congratulations , so well deserved and what a stunning make, love how you have created the background! hugs trace x
Brenda Brown said…
Wonderful, wonderful layout Jennie. I live the splashes of Inks and gesso that pick up the colour tones in the photo perfectly and beautiful collage pieces placed perfectly to create this superb design. Congratulations on your DT position where you will be a fabulous addition to the team.
Have a good week.
Hugs {brenda} x0x
Unknown said…
Oh my word, what a gorgeous piece this is! So creative, very inspiring! Congrat's on your DT position. Chris xxx