A colourful mess !!!!

Another day and another challenge and a big welcome to more followers - great to have you here!




It is a bit of a mess! but I had fun experimenting with three pots of Dr. Ph Martin's Bombay inks which I mixed with water and used as if they were watercolours.  I love the vibrant colours : Magenta, Teal and Aqua. Not for the faint hearted.  



I left myself a journalling square in the middle of the page and didn't know what to do with it, so I tried a bit of doodling and hand wrote a quote I found during the week which I rather liked.  It doesn't quite match the page, and I am not sure about the gold, but I am in an experimental stage with my journalling!

I am entering this into the current Artful Times Challenge which is stencils and masks.  Again Von and Neet have done two great pieces and there are some lovely entries, all very different.

I hope I am not bombarding you with posts this week!  One more big exciting one to come on Sunday but there might be one on Saturday too!

x


Comments

Netty said…
Smashing page Jennie, experimenting on art pages is such fun and am so pleased you are enjoying your new adventure. Hugs Annette x
Debbie said…
Super journal page Jennie. Love the gold myself and the handwritten sentiment is lovely, what nice writing you have. Great colours.
Dx
Artyjen said…
That quote was made for me this week! LOL Love those inks ;)
xoxo Sioux
Inkypinkycraft said…
I think is is beautiful, love the movement in the colours..great trace xhugs x
Paula Whittaker said…
Fab page - I also love the Bombay inks, such a versatile product.
Von said…
Amazing colours Jennie ! my mess's should look so good :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von ♥
Gorgeous, the colours and pattern detail are great x
Hettie said…
I would not quite call this "a mess"! I think it is vibrant and gorgeous!
Hugs
x
Alison said…
this is beautiful Jennie, i have some of those inks which need playing with! xx
junemac2 said…
the colours are superb and it mixes stunningly.
Hugs June xxx
Oh, beautiful, Jennie - I've got some Bombay Inks and really haven't explored them properly yet... this is so pretty, and I love the free space for the lovely sentiment in the centre.
Alison x
Catherine said…
This is beautiful -- I really like the splash of gold!
lena-dailyscrap said…
Beautiful, beautiful! Love the soft colours and the whole design! Really nice!
chrissie said…
Really beautiful piece-the colours you have chosen go so well together

chrissie x
Neet said…
Love it! Those colours are the ones I once had to work with in polymer clay with the great Lindly Haunani and I fell in love with the mix then.
Love those circular flowers (did you doodle those) on the right hand side - in fact I love the whole thing.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet (sorry I am so late) xx