Live the life you have imagined ..........



A short post to say I am back from a fabulous holiday cruising the west coast of Scotland - amazing anchorages, wonderful weather (at times!), met some wonderful people and saw some incredible wildlife.  

But in particular I wanted to say:

A huge welcome to those of you who started following my blog while I was away.  I really appreciate that you want to share my crafting journey.  I hope to have some time in the next few days to visit your blogs too. 

And a huge thank you to all of you who have been commenting on my scheduled posts while I was away. All your comments were so very much appreciated.


I did manage to have a bit of  play last night and early this morning to get back into the way of things!  These colours of the sea have been in my head all the time we've been away and I was just itching to ink something! 

I covered my tag with torn bits of music and dictionary paper, bits of muslin and some scrim.  I added a light coat of gesso before spraying with Glimmer Mists Sprout and Seven Seas (I so love these colours).

I am still on a mission to alter all the white flowers in my stash, so this Prima flower got some watered down Seven Seas around the edges and then sprayed with water.


And the quote was one which was in my head most of the holiday as we were very much living the life we had imagined. We are very lucky.

I had purposefully not taken inks or tags with me this year and I really missed being able to create although I did a lot of knitting instead, which is really much more practical on the boat.

I was pleased that I hadn't forgotten how to do things!!

I was having a month off from the Anything But a Card Challenge Design Team, but Susan has very kindly pointed out that my tag fits perfectly with the current theme which is Summer Fun.  There are some fabulous Design Team makes from last week and again this week.  Click the link HERE to see all the wonderful makes and the link to the challenge.  I hope you join in!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and hopefully I'll be back to normal visiting blogs and creating early next week.  Thanks for looking xxx




Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
A beautiful make , with gorgeous echoes of the ocean! The colours and textures are as always great and you have definately not lost your touch! Hugstrace x
Astrid Maclean said…
First of all, welcome back!!Glad to hear you had such a good time!

This tag is totally amazing!! The textures are so gorgeous and those colours are out of this world, stunning!!!
Debbie said…
Wow Jennie
Absolutely gorgeous Tag, love the colours and the beautiful sentiment.
Debbiex
ang said…
Your tag is beautiful as is your blog,will visit regularly but may not
comment angxx
Alison said…
You definitely haven't lost the knack Jennie...your tag is absolutely beautiful!
Glad you had a good trip, & returned safe & sound.
Alison xx
Welcome back - it sounds like an amazing journey... and if it's fulfilling that quote (one of my all time favourites) too, then you've definitely got your life going in the right direction.

A beautiful, beautiful tag - textures, colours - just gives me a deep sense of space and peace, so thank you for that!
Alison x
CarlaKH said…
Just gorgeous...those colors are probably my top faves too..love the way you used the mists- beautiful!
Mrs Beez said…
Those colours are gorgeous and I love all the layers you have created. Beautiful.
Brenda Brown said…
Simply beautiful Jennie, and how lovely it has those gorgeous colours that you brought back with you in your head, the inspiration must have been truly wonderful.
Glad you had such an amazing time.
Hugs Brenda xxx
Beautiful soft summery colours no doubt inspired Jenny by peering into the waters as you cruised!