Layering with my Scraps!



Our theme at Country View Crafts this month is layers and I am back with a final piece for the month which uses up some of my scraps.


I  found this wonderful little book and wallet on Pinterest designed by Emma Trout using just a single envelope and five tags.  Just perfect for my overflowing box of bits and pieces! I also had four small photographs of my mother sitting on my desk from another project, so I decided to combine the two.  

This is a photo heavy post - be warned!


First of all I decorated the tag with loads of bits and pieces - offcuts, bits of ribbon and lace, mis-stamps and including a label from a recent purchase (no I wasn't adopted, but I used to think I was found with the fairies at the bottom of the garden!).

This was stuck onto the envelope and I started decorating the rest.



Everything sort of folds over itself and it is quite difficult to photograph!




Here is the envelope which started it all!  A tag is folded to go inside the envelope and the outside piece decorated.


Both sides!


Then it was the turn of the wallet - two tags joined together to create a little edge to edge folder which I covered with the last of my Prima Tea Thyme papers and some altered white flowers and a strip of lace.


So there you have it!  



I really love this and thank you Emma for the wonderful inspiration.  I indulged myself making this on my birthday a time when I miss my Mum more than most - but I think she would have loved this.  I also made a slight dent in my scraps box!

You still have another couple of days to enter our challenge at Country View Crafts - there are some wonderful entries, so do pop over and have a look.

Thanks for looking x





Comments

Rita said…
Absolutely beautiful Jenny. I'm sure your Mum would be delighted with this too. I love it so much. Hugs Rita xxx
Margaret said…
What a beautiful and meaningful piece! I love all of the vintage bits!!
Brenda Brown said…
This is gorgeous Jennie, wonderful layers and beautiful photos of your mum. I can see why you were so inspired to make it.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Paper Profusion said…
How clever and beautiful! Nicola x
Luvcreatincards said…
Hello Jennie,
I have just found your lovely blog, via this months challange on Country View Crafts blog, and have been looking at your gorgeous creations. Thanks too for the link to the step by step for these darling mini books. I'm adding them to my 'Must Do' List. I am looking forward to seeing and enjoy more of your delightful creations.
Warmest best wishes from across the miles in France,
Susanne
Lorraine said…
This is fantastic
Delightful... all those flaps and folds and hidden places - I think I see how it all folds together! And it's so lovely with those personal photos and such pretty layers, laces, ribbons and flowers - so feminine, and absolutely charming!
Alison xx
Shirley said…
This is amazing Jennie I can see me having a go at this. Love it to bits.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x