Be the reason …...



Well it is the 1st of August today and I should still be sailing the high seas - hopefully not high, but nice and smooth with lots of sun! In my dreams … 

Today is the start of a brand new challenge at Country View Challenges and Alison has chosen Word Play as our theme. A fabulous theme and lots of possibilities. I chose the written word and the dying art of letter writing as the themes for my tag. 




For my background I used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique using Evergreen Bough and Vintage Photo, keeping the former to the middle of the tag. 





I over stamped some text with Vintage Photo and then VERY bravely used a little Alphabet Stamp set to stamp my sentiment directly on to the tag. I still felt it needed a little more, so I blended Evergreen Bough through the Tim Holtz Splatters Mask and was quite pleased with the overall effect!

I do love the mini quill and ink pen die set - it takes very little to make it look effective!






Finally, a little letter in an envelope and a little of the wax I bought in Rome last year to complete the little collage.



I hope you will join us in our challenge this month and hop over to the Country View Challenges blog to view the rest of the Design Team projects for today - fabulous inspiration from everyone! And remember that there is a post every other day from Guests and DT members.

Have fun!

Jennie x






Comments

massofhair said…
Gorgeous Tag, fantastic techniques and colours. The Evergreen Bough is delicious & now on my next shopping list:-) xxx
Doreen said…
Love how you created your background on this gorgeous tag.xxx
Jackie said…
Lovely Jenny. Its chucking it down here. I hope your boat is sailing on a sparkly sea!
Inkypinkycraft said…
beautiful colours and background and a great way to interpret the theme x
Redanne said…
Your tag is a real beauty Jennie, I love the Evergreen Bough in the background and the inkwell and quill look beautiful the way you have finished them. Great work with the stamped words too! Hugs, Anne xx
rachel said…
absolutely wonderful Jennie - and I love the words - I hope you haven't had the weather we've had today xx
Scrumplescrunch said…
Hello Jennie,
Fabulous Tag. I love your Bg of course, but it is your added elements that appeal to me, especially your little envelope; how cute it is.
Smiles:)
Sue
Astrid Maclean said…
Just fabulous Jennie! The touch of the wax seal is inspired and the background looks just wonderful!!
Sue said…
I love the background and the sentiment is fabulous.
Unknown said…
Great Background and colors are superb... great all over tag. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie
So beautiful, Jennie - the inky effects in the background are lovely, and the theme is perfect for the challenge. Love that wax seal and delicious vintage quill and glossy ink bottle - fantastic!

Hope you're still enjoying your adventures on the high seas!
Alison xx
I thought I had already popped in here Jennie but alas and alack so I'm back again. The colours and design of your tag is lovely. I hope you are having a fabulous time sailing the high seas!
Pamellia said…
So gorgeous! I love your background and that little envelope is just so freaking cutsie!! Love it!! :)
geezercrafter said…
Stunning tag, love the envelope!!
GeezerCrafter