Tim's October Tag

I was absolutely thrilled to be a winner of Tim's September tag - twice now this year! Many thanks to Mario and also Simon Says Stamp for my lovely prize - yes you guessed -  a Tim Holtz stamp set!


And so to this month's tag which I am afraid to say is very different AGAIN from Tim's.

As usual you can click the link HERE for all the details of the techniques and products used.





With very little Halloween stash I decided to make mine Autumn themed. My background is similar - texture paste through the Gothic Layering Mask and Distress Spray Stains (Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey).


I only have the Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stain but it went on in rather a large area of spray rather than little droplets! but it still looks very effective.



I used the same colours of Distress Inks to colour my pumpkin from the Halloween Blueprints Set and I stamped my label using individual letters from a Stampin Up Alphabet set.


I didn't have a glass monacle so made my own tag using a die cut and some plastic packaging. However … the white Distress Paint did not want to stick to the reverse! I also added a couple of Autumn Tattered Leaves embossed with a folder and then crackled up with some Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.


I really love the colours on this tag - the Seedless Preserves just gives it a totally different autumnul feel and I love the way the colours sink into the texture paste.

Thank you for joining me today and wherever you are I hope you have a fun day.

Jennie x


Comments

Redanne said…
This is a wonderful take on Tim's tag Jennie, I love the Gothic stencilling in the background and the gorgeous Autumn/Halloween colours you have used. Anne x
Rita said…
What a fantastic tag Jennie. Love that wonderful pumpkin. Hugs Rita xxx
Margaret said…
Another great tag Jennie! Love the colours.
Unknown said…
Gorgeous tag, Jennie! Love the dark purple on the background! xx
Julia Aston said…
I love the background you created on this lovely fall tag Jennie! the pumpkin and leaves look great against the purples - wonderful little attachments around the top and bottom!
Pearl Maple said…
Great variation on the tag Jennie, gothic stencilled background is a really interesting touch, thanks for sharing your creative inspiration

my blog moved to www.pearlmaple.com
Beulah Bee said…
Another prize winner--very pretty!
Brenda Brown said…
Beautiful. Love the colour palette and textures on this one.
hugs Brenda xxx
Jenny Marples said…
A beautiful version of Tim's tag. Jenny x