April's Tag!


I am just about managing to squeeze in at the last moment with Tim's tag for April. 

I really loved the softness of the watercolour painted flowers he created for this month but I didn't have much of a choice of die cut words! 

As usual I won't go into all the details but they can be found HERE on Tim's blog.


 As much as I adore the Cone Flower from the Flower Garden set I decided to use another of the flower stamps for this tag. It is quite large so I made a mask from a post it note in order to layer the two flowers. I used Victorian Velvet and Scattered Straw Distress Ink to paint the flowers.


There was so much clutter on the desk I didn't have a chance of getting the sewing machine out so using the wonderful tip from Jenny (Pushing the Right Buttons) I used my Stitch Marker and ran a black felt tip pen along the dots. A bit wobbly, but then my sewing is sometimes!

So another month nearly over - at least being so late I don't have too long to wait for the May tag!

Jennie x


Comments

Lovely tag, the the delicacy of the colours. Tracy x
Beautiful tag Jennie and a great interpretation of Tim's- I was late too and have just blogged mine
Jennie ..this is so so delicate and yet striking!
Love the colours you have used.... I think these stamps are beautiful.
Thank you for the inspiration,
XxxRuth
Marci said…
So pretty, I love your version!
Looks beautiful.
Julie x
Redanne said…
This is gorgeous Jennie, I love the soft colours of the flowers and your great choice of words - a wonderful take on Tim's tag! Hugs, Anne xx
Such a beautiful tag, Jennie - I love everything about it! Gorgeous interpretation of the April Tim tag - xx Lynn
Unknown said…
I love how light and airy the flowers are, such a great take on Tim's tag x
Julia Aston said…
A lovely take on Tim's tag Jennie - your flowers are so softly colored!
Jenny Marples said…
You always achieve such delicacy with your projects Jennie and this is a stunning version. Glad that stitching is coming in useful on a few entries this time - maybe I should teach Tim? LOL Jenny x
Unknown said…
Hi Jennie, I have just discovered your beautiful tags/blogsite. Thankyou for sharing them with everyone else and for describing your techniques. I'm new to making tags (have been making cards for a few years) and I browse Pinterest fairly regularly. Your tags are so tasteful and using an interesting combination of techniques. I've started using Gesso and acrylic paint and am always looking for new ideas. You have inspired me! I like the gentleness and restraint in your images. Not 'tacky'! I live In New Zealand. Today was a freezing cold winter's day I spent indoors poring over Pinterest! I hope to blog some of what I've been ing soon. thanks, Ellen