Blousy Summer Blooms




Well here we are at the start of another month and time for a new challenge at Country View Challenges. Our theme this month is


SUMMERTIME

and hopefully you have all fared better than us in the north and have had some decent days.


Regular followers will know that I have been making a vase of summer flowers (the original posts can be found HERE) but I felt the vase needed some large blousy blooms so I made these cabbage style roses using the Tattered Florals Die.



Using white cardstock (Stampin Up) I cut four of the larger dies and blended Worn Lipstick Distress Ink here and there. I also cut four of the second size and used Fossilised Amber Distress Ink to colour them.


The Cabbage Rose Tutorial can be found on my blog HERE but here are a few photographs to whet your appetite. As you can see the brighter coloured inks start blending when you spritz with water!



As these were 3D blooms I curled some wire and stuck these to the back with a hot glue gun and then covered the wire with florists green tape.



You can see how well the colours blend when dry.



The flowers are quite heavy and you need a good stiff wire to hold them up.



The vase certainly provides a lovely colourful centrepiece on the dining room table and has brightened our mornings here when it has been a grey day!

Thank you for joining me today and I do hope you will hop on over to Country View Challenges as we have three new members joining our Design Team this month. 


Have a lovely weekend!

Jennie x


Comments

Rita said…
Good Morning Jennie. What beautiful roses. Andrew thought they were real. You are so very talented and this shows in all that you do. Hope the foot is getting better. Have a good weekend. Hugs Rita xxxx.
A Pink said…
Oh how i adore your flowers and arrangement ! Jennie Such beautiful craftsmanship ( or should i say ladieship lol) . Beautiful summery colours . You really are the 'Flower Queen' x
rachel said…
amazing blooms - I adore them Jennie - perfect for summer. Hugs rachel x
Oh Jenny your flowers are perfectly stunning. How marvellous to be able to create such beauty that will last. Love the vase of flowers. Hugs Debsxx
Unknown said…
WOW! Jennie this vase of Summer flowers is breathtaking!! Just so beautiful! Your are a flower making master!! :) :) XOXO-Shari
Oh, Jennie, I am sighing with pure delight - what a glorious vase of flowers - you are definitely the master flower maker!
Alison xx
Anonymous said…
This is stunning! It looks so magnificent, so luxuriantly and yet it's not difficult at all! I have to try myself - thanks a lot for the inspiration!
hugs Irmgard
Wow...another fabulous flower display Jennie...I must, must give this a go ....your flowers are absolutely the best !!
Hope your foot is recovering ...not sure what you had done but having had foot surgery myself a few years ago I can empathise,
XxxRuth
What gorgeous roses!! I've been wanting to try your flowers, and this is certainly the one I will start with, as these big lousy blooms are my favorite, especially in those gorgeous pinks you've used! Hope you get some sun soon - and thank you for all of your inspiration, floral and otherwise! xxx Lynn
Anonymous said…
Wat een wonder schonen bloemen Jennie.
U maakt prachtige dingen ,heel mooi !!
Dankjewel voor het delen .
Jannie
sarascloset said…
Oh, I bow down to you, and sing high praises for your amazing flowers. I'm not sure Mother Nature would be able to create such beauty in my garden this time of year. Gorgeous arrangement of stunning flowers! Hugs!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely stunning flowers- hoping to follow your tutorial soon
Dr Sonia S V said…
saw your DT work at country view and had to come have a look at all the details,its gorgeous ! The flowers look amazing
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects