Industrial Slim


Good morning and welcome to the start of yet another month! My heavens how fast this year is going!

As it is the start of the month we have another brand new challenge at Country View Challenges for you. Debs is our host this month and she has challenged us to think

INDUSTRIAL 

Now I know my title says Industrial Slim - nothing to do with weight watching I am afraid, but the fact that I am a little obsessed with these slim pieces of greyboard! I just wish I could be as obsessed with weight watching !


My piece of greyboard was given a coat of gesso and then I used this wonderful Andy Skinner stencil and Deco Art Crackle Paste to put down the texture. Then when dry  I brayered DecoArt Acylics over the top. I just LoVE LoVE LoVE this effect. I could make loads of these !!!!! Oh no you say!



I added some stamping and a few rub ons for contrast.


Then for the embellishments.

These cogs were rusted using DecoArt products and techniques I learnt at Andy Skinner's Mixology workshop in November.



Even this key got the treatment!



So there you have it - my Industrial Slim! I had great fun making this and I hope it inspires you to join us in our challenge this month. 

Please do join the rest of my DT colleagues over at Country View Challenges for more inspirational pieces which will have you reaching for your industrial embellies and metal and rusty paints and inks. 



Have a great (crafting) day.

Jennie x



Comments

Redanne said…
Oh do please make more Jennie! This industrial slim is fabulous, I love the colours in the background and the embellishments are the perfect finishing touches! Hugs, Anne xx
Doreen said…
This is fabulous Jennie,love your bacground.xxx
Monika Gulyas said…
Fantastic industrial composition, Jennie! I love the colours and the textures! The photo is great with the vintage wooden plane!
Brenda Brown said…
A fabulous industrial slim Jennie, I love the lighter background and the rusty elements you added. Great piece.
hugs Brenda xxx
Ellie Knol said…
o, WOW, I really LOVE this - beautiful details and texture!
Deb said…
Jennie, that background is fabulous, what amazing textures and colours! Love all the rusty embellishments too, fab textures yet again. Thanks so much for sharing it , Deb xo
A Pink said…
Oh yes I cry - please make more of these ! Absolutely fabulous! Jennie . I share you love of these slim pieces and I have great LOVE for how you alter them. Fantastic background , spot on stamping and authentically rusted embellishments . Your work Jennie never fails to win my heart .
hugs x
Curls N Twirls said…
The Industrial Slim is fantastic .. Loved the key element the most ..
Annie said…
Love the wonderful colour palette and layout of your project Jennie. Wonderful textures too and I love the elements you have incorporated
TFS
Annie xx
Great interpretation Jennie love this tall slim look, Fabulous hugs Debs xx
Stunning background and great rusty embellishing - an absolute joy!
Alison x
Sue said…
Wow Jennie, this is beautiful, I love the crackling! Wish I could take weight watching seriously too lol xx
Aleksandra said…
Jennie I love your tag! It is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are beautiful and the "used" look of the background is amazing. Love it!

Have a great day!
Aleksandra