Gypsy Fair : Run Wild and Free

 ...... thats what Candice is asking us to do over at Our Creative Corner this month.


Blessed are the gypsies. The makers of music, artists, writers, dreamers of dreams, wanderers and vagabonds, children and misfits: for they teach us to see the world through beautiful eyes
  
This month's challenge invites you to let us see your gypsy nature.  Gypsies are wanderers, purveyors of exquisite things, mysterious things, free-spirited bohemians curating the beauty of life and sharing the wonders with you as the travel along.

So for the challenge let your creativity run wild and free like a gypsy 

I want you to create interesting items you might imagine finding at a traditional Gypsy Fayre.

You may create whatever your gypsy heart desires, but it must....

contain at least 3 colours from the featured colour palette 

or 

  show us how your project is inspired by this gorgeous ode to the gypsy soul!


For my project I decided to go with as many of the bohemian colours as I could, along with items which reminded me of gypsy caravans I have been fortunate to see over the years.


I started with my background and whilst I had intended to ink these colours I used this glorious piece of cardstock which I then overstamped and added some texture with crackle texture paste.


I then gathered pieces which reminded me of a gypsy caravan:

gorgeous lace which you always see at the windows and along the shelves
a teaspoon (rather than cup) for reading the tea leaves
colourful flowers - I have memories of lots of dried flowers hanging from the ceiling
and some really colourful ribbon - again memories of ribbons for some reason!


The white frame got a bit of a make-over with DecoArt paints - gorgeously bright!


And then everything got layered in a huge quite random "mess" - the free bit of the challenge!


I quite like all that lovely depth. The key got added just "because" !!


Unfortunately the words I had added at the beginning on my tag were really not bright enough so I added an appropriate sentiment (or two)


My colourful Gypsy Tag

I do hope you will join us in this fun challenge. Hop on over to Our Creative Corner to see some fabulous Design Team makes - everyone so different.


Tando Creative are our Sponsors this month, so what are you waiting for! Have some fun, be free and colourful and find your gypsy soul!

Jennie x




Comments

Beautiful tag Jenny, amazing layering!!
Marci said…
Stunning! Your composition is so confident and uncontrived (is that a word?). I really love this. That base paper is gorgeous and reminds me of some I might have in my stash, I better go look. :-))
SewPaperPaint said…
Wow, Jennie! Not only did I love reading this post, but your project has been a feast for my sleepy eyes this morning! Truly amazing and thoughtful. Love this to pieces (and every one of your pieces). :)
Absolutely stunning tag, Jennie - I love the rich colours and and fantastic composition of the elements to give the eye and the fingers plenty to get excited about. Huge WOW from me!
Alison x
Unknown said…
What??? You actually saw some caravans Jennie??? Wow - how I would have loved that. Just pictures of them have always fascinated me, oh and old movies too!! Your tag is just charming. I love reading why you selected the things you did. The lace, the ribbon, the flowers - so perfect and that teaspoon - hehehehe - love that you brought in the tea leaves!! And your frame looks so old and gypsyfied! This was a delight to see and to read!! Thanks bunches for such a SUPER LOVELY creation. XXj.
Brenda Brown said…
This is just delightful Jennie packed with gorgeous elements that fit together so well and I adore the colour mixes.
Hugs Brenda xxx
Lys said…
A gorgeous tag, Jennie! Full of delightful colours and layers: what a wonderful composition!
Hi Jennie, I love your tag, the layers and colours are beautiful. The teaspoon is a lovely touch to fortune telling! Hugs Jan X
See you soon!
Annie said…
what a stunning tag Jennie x Love the delicious layers you have created.

Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Annie x
Tincan Crafter said…
Jennie - what an absolute joy to read your post and see how you curated and composed all your precious items into a beautifully delicate yet striking piece. Loved the subtlety of the project and how you balanced everything to create the right amount of interest and peace at the same time, if that makes sense to you at all. Thank you so much for the raising the bar on the gypsy fayre challenge. Your project is perfect. Much love - candice -
A Pink said…
Gorgeous! Jennie . You have captured the challenge so well. Your composition og all your well chosen elements is as always wonderful .
hugs x
Julia Aston said…
What a wonderful piece Jennie! a beautiful collage expressing the essence of 'gypsy'!! Julia xx
Jenny Marples said…
Love the way you've incorporated the different 'gypsy elements' into your gorgeous tag xx
Ruth said…
Wowser!! Adore this colour combo, such a beautifully layered tag choc full of lovely embellishments. Ruth x