Tag Friday for A Vintage Journey

A warm welcome to you all, and especially new followers, for this Tag Friday post for A Vintage Journey.  

When there are five Fridays in the month the Creative Guides get the chance to play and craft a tag which might be a little different from our normal techniques. I took the opportunity to experiment with some tea bag fabric which a textile friend sent me a couple of years ago but which has been sitting in my fabric drawer waiting to be used. 


I decided to use the fabric to encapsulate some inked and stamped elements as it is quite translucent.



I inked my tag with some text stamps and then made made a little collage using a ledger stamp, butterfly, a die cut leaf and the small quote. These needed to be quite dark to show through the fabric.


I couldn't glue the material down so stitched it around the edges although I did put a little bit of glue on the butterfly and leaf to add a bit more contrast and to stop the fabric bubbling up. I then added the simple flower cluster and finally everything got a spritz with Vintage Photo Distress Marker using the Distress Spritzer.



I am really very pleased with the ethereal effect, although it is quite difficult to photograph given the light colour of the fabric.

I do hope you will hop on over to see what my fellow Creative Guides have created. This is always a fun challenge for us as we all try and create something out of the ordinary to share with you.

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you have a lovely weekend.


Jennie x




Comments

S@ndy Diller said…
Love the muted shades with the bright roses. Great tag. S@ndy xx
Marci said…
Beautiful! At first, I didn't realize those things were inside the fabric tag. Wonderful!
Lynne Gilbert said…
So delicate Jennie. Such a lovely use of the material your friend gave you. Xxx
Astrid Maclean said…
Gorgeous shabby tag Jennie, that teabag fabric gives a stunning effect and the fact you stitched rather than glued it really adds to the appeal. The bright roses are the perfect finishing touch!
Redanne said…
Soft, delicate, feminine - and very beautiful Jennie, how clever to use the tea bag fabric in this way too! Hugs, Anne xx
I love the subtle muted look to this, with the splash of red flowers. Your tag is stunning.
A Pink said…
So beautiful! Jennie Love the ethereal effect of the lovely tea bag paper encapsulating your collaged pieces. The flower stems are the perfect finishing touch.
hugs x
A truly stunning tag, classy and stylish in design. I absolutely love this Jennie. Have a wonderful weekend. Tracy x
Ellie Knol said…
That is SO beautiful! I assume the tea bag fabric is similar to a dryer sheet? HAve to give this a try!
Julia Aston said…
What a beautiful tag using your tea bag fabric Jennie - and the bright red of the roses really highlight the softness of the stampings and butterfly under the cloth - so pretty! Julia xx
Deb said…
Absolutely gorgeous Jennie, the soft colour palette and translucency of the tea bag fabric is offset perfectly by those lovely florals! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo
Lys said…
Great idea this way to use the fabric. I love the soft tone it gives to your tag: gorgeous!
Stunning... the translucent fabric gives this such a wonderfully delicate softness - a beautiful idea beautifully executed!
Alison x
Brenda Brown said…
What a brilliant idea and fabulous finish to your gorgeous tag Jennie, I adore the ethereal look you have achieved and the poop of colour with the flowers is just perfect.
Enjoy the weekend.
hugs Brenda xxx
Ruth said…
What a great use of teabag fabric, love the ethereal effect too...such a lovely charming result....want to try this now. x