Create Inside a Frame for A Vintage Journey


Hello! and yes today I am "creating inside a frame" for  A Vintage Journey

Julia is our host and whatever you use for your challenge project this month just show us how you have incorporated a frame on your project be it vintage, shabby, mixed-media, art journalling, industrial or steampunk. 



I took an old wooden photograph frame for the start of my project and after several coats of gesso I applied some Crackle Texture Paste. Once the crackle appeared and was dry I dry brushed DecoArt Cobalt Turquoise Hue here and there and before sealing it all with some multi-medium rubbed back to the wooden frame here and there.



And then I just decorated the inside of the frame with some of my favourite pieces!



More crackle paste was used on the inset of the frame and I added a little watered down Turquoise Cobalt Hue to take the starkness away.



I used the same colour on this little greyboard heart, stamping it with an Andy Skinner background stamp and adding a little rusting around the edges with Quinacridone Gold. Only a small element but I wanted something quite colourful peeping out from the flowers.



I was very pleased with the way this project turned out especially as the spare bedroom is now taking on a bit of a turquoise hue!

And definitely excited at the make-over for the frame. It is always lovely to take something that might have been thrown out and give it a whole new lease of life.

So .... get out your frames, whether they be wooden, die cuts or stencils and show us what you can do! There is a great prize this month from DecoArt, so don't delay, hop on over to the challenge blog post HERE for more details and some amazing projects from my (extremely talented) sister Creative Guides. 

As always thank you for joining me and do have a lovely weekend.


Jennie x



Comments

Hi Jennie, this is a delicate beauty. I adore your composition and the backdrop is stunning as are the touches of crackle which add the perfect subtle touch of texture to your design. Love it. Tracy x
S@ndy Diller said…
So, so beautiful Jennie. Simply love the textures you created on this one. Love it, S@ndy xx
Julia Aston said…
How beautiful Jennie! Love the light blue - your lovely cream flowers and blue buds - so pretty with all the pieces(heart, stem, die cut) tucked in there! Julia xx
Brenda Brown said…
I adore this beautiful shabby frame which is delightful in the colours you have chosen to use and the gorgeous collaged pieces as the focal point. I can imagine with looks wonderful in your spare bedroom. xxx
Redanne said…
The crackled frame is beautiful and sets your collage off wonderfully well! x
Gorgeous shabby chic - I think I'm in crackle heaven! Beautiful composition of your central elements too - this is lovely, Jennie.
Alison x
Lys said…
I love this crackle texture, and so elegant is the combination of colours!
Astrid Maclean said…
Wonderful piece Jennie, the frame looks stunning, great crackle effects. Love the composition and shabby chic feel of how you have finished it too, a stunning project!
A Pink said…
Elegant, classy and stunning! Jennie . Such lovely distressed framework , wonderful crackle and a superb composition of all those gorgeous elements .A true beauty .
hugs x
Suzanne C said…
Elegant design framed out beautifully with the soft colors!
Craftyfield said…
Definitely Shabby Chic, but pretty and fresh, almost clean with the blues and whites. Love it!
Jenny Marples said…
Created in your own inimitable style this is beautifully designed, expertly completed and a real treat to see Jennie. Love it xx
Corrie Herriman said…
Love the delicate colours !
Corrie x
SewPaperPaint said…
I absolutely LOVE this, so refined yet so filled with texture and beauty! Gorgeous!
Deb said…
Absolutely gorgeous Jennie, wonderful soft colour palette and the fabulous crackle texture is perfection. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo