Cracking Up for A Vintage Journey .....



Hello and welcome to another new challenge at A Vintage Journey where our wonderfully talented crackle queen Alison (aka Butterfly) is our host this month.  

Alison is challenging us all to share our CRACKLED PROJECTS! Whether the crackle is stamped, painted, texture paste or any other kind of crackle just ensure it is in a vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journaling, industrial or steampunk style. 

Having got hooked on Fever Tree Tonic in my G&T recently I have plenty of these lovely smallish bottles hanging around the utility room waiting to be altered.

The bottle was first painted in black gesso and when dry a coat of white gesso. The first coat deadens the glass and shows through the white in places.

I then spread crackle all over the bottle with a palette knife and let it dry overnight. 

Once the crackle had dried I stuck a pearl embellishment on the front of the bottle.  I have loads of these purchased in the early days of scrapbooking but given a coat of gesso they look quite different!

I then very carefully added colour using DecoArt Turquoise Hue Fluid Acrylics building up the colour until I was happy with it.




I used a mould and paper clay to make the leaf embellishment and painted it first in gesso, then DecoArt Metallic Gold here and there. I used the gold on the pearls and the centre of the flowers as well. 


The butterfly was quite "brassy" so it also got a coating of the gesso and Metallic Gold.


 A few tactile textiles for the top of the bottle! 

I do hope you will find time to join us in our challenge this month and do hop on over to the challenge post to see the wonderful projects created by my fellow Creative Guides. You won't fail to be impressed!

Tando Creative is our sponsor this month and one lucky entrant picked at random will be the recipient of a wonderful prize from them. As usual we will be choosing the top three Pinworthy projects and the chance to join us in a future month as Guest Designer.

So get your crackle on and show us your fabulous projects!

Thanks for joining me today and have a great weekend!

Jennie x







SaveSave

Comments

S@ndy Diller said…
Such a lovely project for this challenge. The bottle looks cool and wintery to me and I'm enjoying all the extras that you have added.
S@ndy xx
Hi Jennie, the bottle is so pretty, love your subtle use of colour. Are you going to Mixology? X
Redanne said…
A stunning transformation Jennie, I love how those strings of pearls 'bed' in to give some wonderful texture and that leaf is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx
sarascloset said…
so much wonderful inspiration on one tiny bottle! I am totally taken by your delicate crackle on this and the use of the bling is a stroke of creative genius! I have quite a few of these, and am inspired to get them out! All your embellishment shabbied up just make this the most beautiful altered bottle I've ever seen! Hugs!
Jenny Marples said…
This really is fabulous Jennie! I love the soft colours and gently curving embellishments. Cheers! Here's to more bottle projects xx
Astrid Maclean said…
What a super alteration Jennie, I'm in love with those soft tones and of course that gorgeous crackle! The embellishments look superb! So this must be just the best use of those Fever Tree bottles, give us more please!! xxx
A Pink said…
Absolutely Gorgeous! Jennie So stylishly elegant! Your trademark subtle hues , the gentle crackle, and the luxurious touches of gold decoration make this a real beauty.
Really love your altered bottle and as Astrid says 'give us more please'.
have a lovely weekend x
Unknown said…
Oh so LOVELY Jennie. The crackle is just enough for a look of PRISTINE ELEGANCE. Beautiful. j.
Deb said…
What a beautiful transformation Jennie, gorgeous crackle and I love your colour palette, the subtle turquoise is exquisite! Wonderful feminine and elegant embellishments as well, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo
beth b said…
Oh my -- this really caught my attention. Your bottle is absolutely gorgeous!! The colors ... the texture ... wow! Truly inspiring!!
Pamellia said…
Gorgeous altered bottle Jennie! I love the bling flourishes and that butterfly is such a lovely accent piece! The soft blue makes a lovely base, and the texture is amazing!
What a gorgeous shabby chic bottle, Jennie - such a light and airy feel to the whole thing - delightful!
Alison x
Sandy said…
Your bottle is fabulous Jenny - I have been wanting to do a bottle for quite a while now. Maybe this will urge me on. I love it!
sandy xx
What a beautiful transformation Jenny.
Julie x
Julia Aston said…
What a beautiful crackled bottle Jennie! Love the soft white/blue colors and all your wonderful decorations! Julia xx
Annie said…
What a great excuse to drink lots of gin!!!! No seriously Jennie I love your altered bottle, especially the beautiful colours and crackle. The adornments are perfect and add to that shabby vintage feel

Tfs and best wishes xx hope you are nice and cosy in Shetland
Annie xxx