November Stars

Here we are at the start of ANOTHER new 
month - Hello November!

And of course the start of another new challenge at Country View Challenges and this month we are challenging you to use STARS in your projects!


I have been searching on and off in the Craft Room here for my Tim Holtz Matchbox die and yet I could not find it anywhere ...... until I had to move a large dresser and found it trapped behind the dresser and covered in cobwebs!  So as it has been missing for a while I thought I would give it an outing for my stars project!


I love these little 3D projects which require quite a bit of hunting around to find the right embellishments and the Tim Holtz paperstack is brilliant for this as there are always some lovely small patterns and stickers available on the quarter sheets.


My stars were cut from some metal sheeting coloured with Denim and Ginger Alcohol Ink.  I have used Tim's new 3D star die, but cut off the flaps to be able to layer them.


It is always great fun decorating the inside of these little books!


A fun project and I am sure you will be seeing more little matchboxes now that I have found my die! I also have a little grand-daughter who is going to love these little books in a box!

I do hope you will be able to join us in our challenge and do hop on over to see what the rest of the DT have made and of course keep popping back through the month as we all have a second project to share. I am sure there will be some great Christmas star inspirations for you!

Thank you for joining me today!

Jennie x


Comments

Monika Gulyas said…
Wow Jennie, this is so beautiful! How lucky it was you have finally found your matchbox die! It's a very subtle, Jennie-style creation and I just love it! I'm sure your granddaughter will love it too! xx
Pamellia said…
What a wonderful gift Jennie! I just love the book in a box idea and I am blown away by the all the detail you managed on such a small project! Your granddaughter will surely love it! hugs :)
Corrie Herriman said…
Wow, that is wonderful !
Corrie x
Hazel Agnew said…
I absolutely love this project Jennie. Love the colours and the expectation of a book to decorate is always exciting. Xx
Redanne said…
So pleased you found your die because your project is wonderful and those stars you added are beautiful, love your colour choices too! xx
Sue said…
This is beautiful Jennie, so delicate, and your star die is lovely xx
Craftyfield said…
Beautiful box Jennie, I love the look of the metal stars with the alcohol inks.
rachel said…
absolutely beautiful Jennie - so glad you found that die - you have used it beautifully! Hugs rachel x
suzyb said…
Love love love this little work of art you have made. This project is wonderful. The colour of blue is my colour and the detail you have done is amazing. Great work, lovely piece of art.
Lys said…
A fabulous tiny project, what a gift!
Evelyn Walter said…
I love this tiny matchbox you made, Jennie! Good, that you found your die (sometimes seems to be a globlin at home). The metal stars on top are beautiful, lovely project!
xxx
Love your idea Jennie, and your little matchbox is wonderful. Very inspirational! Hugs Debs xx
SewPaperPaint said…
This is just fabulous! Perfect inspiration. Hugs, Autumn
A Pink said…
Such a wonderful matchbox and mini book! Jennie Love how you have kept the 'star' theme running throughout both the box and the mini book. A really inspirational project!
hugs x