Silence is a Source of Great Strength

I am not sure that I live up to the quote but I do enjoy being silent and enjoying the silence around me. I decided to use this lovely quote as the basis of my tag for A Vintage Journey this month. Fellow Creative Guide, Alison Bomber, has released a number of stamp sets recently through PaperArtsy just full of wonderful quotes and this set is my favourite so far.


It's another month where we have five Fridays' in the month so on this last Friday we all get a chance to experiment with what is on our craft desk and make a tag. I also decided to re-acquaint myself with my dies some of which are used all the times and others I forget all about!



So here is how it all started:




A double tag cut from the last of my Graphic45 Botanical Tea papers and some brown kraft ribbed cardboard.




I got my circles dies out and cut some more layers. I found that the colours were a bit harsh for what I wanted so gave everything a coat of gesso and some texture paste here and there.




A bloom made from the Tattered Poinsettia die and a flourish from the new Tim Holtz Scroll Die.




I stamped the quote on some coffee stained papers and decided to cut it as a tag and add some other little tags to it as well. 

And then it all got layered along with some other bits and pieces.




Old text paper and a bit of metal .......




Muslin, string and this gorgeous little cameo ......




The tag embellishment nestling alongside the cluster ......




And finally another little cluster in the corner isolating the word Silence from the quote.


I really enjoyed making this tag and using the wonderful quote from Alison's fabulous quotes set about silence and music. Do hop on over to A Vintage Journey and see what my fellow Creative Guides have been creating on their tags. 

As always thank you for joining me today and have a wonderful weekend and of course get ready for a New Year!

Jennie x

Comments

Marci said…
Beautiful and elegant!
Annie said…
Your tag is beautiful Jennie xx Love the background and fabulous floral, scroll and other adornments

TFS and a Happy New Year when it comes
Annie xx
Redanne said…
A stunning tag, wonderful sentiment and your flower is glorious!! Wishing you all the best for the New Year! Hugs, Anne xx
sarascloset said…
A lovely shabby tag with lot's of pretty embellishments so perfectly layered! Your poinsettia blossom is just so sweet, as is that cameo! You've inspired me to get out my 'new' flourish die that still sit's unused. What a great quote, and nope, I don't live up to it, either! Happy New Year to you! Thank you for a wonderful year filled with inspiration and friendship! Hugs!
Brenda Brown said…
Ooooh Jennie this is such a wonderfully shabby tag full of beautiful neutral colours and wonderful embellishments. I love it xxx
Astrid Maclean said…
A real stunner Jennie, love all the embellishments and a fantastic LO! Wonderful quote too! All the best for a healthy, happy and creative 2018!!
SewPaperPaint said…
I love your layering style Jennie and always leave your blog inspired. That blossom and beautiful textured white background are perfection! What an exquisite beauty. Hugs, Autumn
This is absolutely beautiful, Jennie - I'm so glad you love the Music & Silence set... I think it may be my favourite too. Pure perfection in the shabby chic layers and exquisite embellishing. A new favourite for me of your glorious creations!
Alison xx
Lys said…
Such an elegant tag! I love the flower and how you arranged all the details: delightful!
Julia Aston said…
What beautiful layering of all your little pieces Jennie! Your flower (as always!) is gorgeous front and center and I love the little tags along with Alison's wonderful quote! Wishing you silence and craftiness in 2018!! Julia xx
A Pink said…
A stunning tag! Jennie . Embellished so beautifully with all those well chosen elements layered so perfectly and topped with such a gorgeous poinsettia.
I do love your style .
Wishing you a very Happy Healthy 2018!
Hugs x
Nikki Acton said…
Beautiful Jennie - I remain in awe of your soft and elegant creations! All the little details and embellishments are just gorgeous xxx